Waju-no Sato Center
Waju means an area that protects villages and farmland from flood damage.
Under the area of the Kiso-Sansen river, there is a lot of flooding disasters, so the ancestors built walls and created wajus.
"Waju-no sato" is an complexed facility where introduces local history, culture, and products.
You can experience making seaweed laver, and harvesting seasonal vegetables. You can also buy local products there.
- Entrance fee
- Adult (older than high school) 310 yen, Children 100 yen
- Business hours
- 9:30am to 4:45pm (Last entrance is at 4p)
- [Close days] Monday, and Year-end and New Year season
- Nishikawa1093, Nagashima-cho, Kuwana-city
- 【By car】 5-min ride from "Nagashima IC" on Higashi Meihan Expressway.
- 【By train】 30-min ride from JR Kintetsu Nagoya station to JR Kintetsu Nagashima station, then 10 minutes by taxi.