The Moroto Garden
Seiroku Moroto bought a Japanese style garden which was made during Edo period (1603-1868), then he expanded its west-side-land, and repair the visitor's hall and the garden for 5 years.
A huge rock is arranged in the garden, and the view of garden pond changes depends on the tide of Ibigawa river. A past Foreign Minister Shigenobu Okuma and Aritomo Yamagata visited the garden.
This is an invaluable cultural property with Meiji-style workplace, private room, and visitor's space. The garden is one of scenic beauties, and most of buildings are designated cultural property.
Iris in spring, autumnal tints in fall are very beautiful there.
- Entrance fee
- Adult: 500 yen, Child (younger than elementary): 200 yen, 0-3 years old: free.
- Business hours
- Opened for spring and fall (10am to 5pm)
- Taichimaru 18, Kuwana-city, Mie
- [Car] 15-min ride from Kuwana I.C on Tomei Expressway.
- [Train] 20-min ride from JR Kintetsu Nagoya station to Kuwana station. 20-min walk from Kuwana station.
- Moroto Foundation TEL: 0594-25-1004